Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chinese New Year

A year of REUNION dinner and YuSheng + ANG BAO is here again!

I had my reunion dinner before CNY eve @ Pasir Ris with my closest relative

And one at home on CNY eve itself :) haha i Feel so blessed..


It's a extremely busy week for me.
But this yr we din't head to the temple in the middle of the night.


Though i was dread tired on the eve itself and i believe in 'shou ye'(longvity) for my parents, so i tried my very best not to fall asleep and keeps hanging through the night.


A never change culture to meet up @ my dad eldest uncle house for lunch - THE GREATEST SUMPTUOS MEAL on every first day of Chinese New Year! My auntie cooking is Marvellous and Satisfying and her youngest daughter is taking over her. So jie next time our kids will be your turn to take over the LUNCH LEAGUE. haha!


- THis Year a new dish : Seafood TOFU ; yummy!!!


Top order from niceses and nephew, AH Mei Sea Cucumber

(secret: my mum's catching up soon)


And MAtt Favourite HAINAM CHICKEN RICE my aunt is a hainamnes, so we always have combination of Hainam and Hakka food for this special day.



ONE of my favourite HAKKA Yam dish a.k.a ABACUS

yam form abacus
with shimp, mushroom and fried cuttlefish stirfry and brings out the fragrance
( i only get to eat it once or twice a year)


Without fail for the youngsters, we'll open a pvt den. hahaha! And catch a movie but last yr we stop the movie thing-e. So this yr the elderly join us in THE GAME OF GAMBLING..


Right in the center KOG - King of Gambler - He's the 'cheng kay' and he's always darn Lucky!





Everone look so Tense up except me texting away.. haha!




Gwen Quick we waiting for you to join in the game







Pretty auntie Jenny is so cute! she keeps laughing through out everytime we take a card,
so the banker couldn't tell our cards.


My mum's luck pretty good aye`

- Secret behind..


She must have worn the Duper Red ' FA CAI ' pantie i'd bought for her. LOL!

All of us is like laughing our ass off. Sorry mum


On the 2nd day of CNY i have to wake up at 6am

to accompany my mum back to her hometown to visit my grandma


Came back to SG in the afternoon. Rush off to my dad's eldest SIS place for 2nd Gathering and resume our bets.. Must Win back what we lost y'day HaHa.


Don't Play Play Ok !


My 'ah mei ' won 70 over dollars just by betting 2bucks standard bet. hmmm... did she wear a super red hot undie today? hmmm.. am a little curious.. lol`!



Then had a round of MJ finally.. can go home a take a rest


This year BOBBY is not here to celebrate CNY with me. He left us last september, if not he sure will have alot of angbao too!

Beloved Bobby seow <3
Every year he will wear his new clothes and it's a must to have a bag on his back for his uncle and auntie to give him ang baos. lol!


What a blessed dog, he's just like my little cousin and Everyone loves him! He bring lots of Joy to the family and us, bobby is very different from other dog.

He's act behavious and every single bit is just like a human. There's so much story to share about him and his humanity act.

We will never have enough of you and we'll never regret having you as part of our family, infact we never expect this day to happen or even thought of you leaving us so suddenly. Thanks for bring such Great Joy to us!

- You'll always be remebered deeply in our heart
and we're so proud of you! we'll never hestitate to share how smart and great you are.

WE LOVE YOU OUR PRECIOUS BELOVED BOBBY.

No comments:

Post a Comment